Interior & Exterior Asbestos Inspections
Asbestos Building Survey Christchurch
Why you need an asbestos survey?
DO YOU OWN OR ARE YOU PLANNING TO BUY A PROPERTY BUILT BEFORE THE 2000’S?
Asbestos inspections are needed before you start any renovation or maintenance work, or a demolition.
|WHEN WAS YOUR HOME BUILT?||PROBABILITY OF ASBESTOS IN THE HOME|
|Built before 1985||Highly Likely|
|Built 1985 – 1990||Likely|
|Built 1990 – 2000||Possible|
Before starting any renovation or maintenance work you need an asbestos inspection and possibly asbestos testing to help you:
• Locate any asbestos in your building
• Identify the condition it is in;
• Determine the best steps to take.
• Provide an asbestos management report for your records
Requirements under the new Health and Safety at Work (Asbestos) Regulations 2016:
(1) A PCBU with management or control of a workplace, who knows or ought reasonably to know that there is a risk of exposure to respirable asbestos fibres in the workplace, so far as is reasonably practicable, that all asbestos or ACM giving rise to the risk at the workplace is identified’
What This means to a Commercial Property owner is;
• If your building was built before 2000, then it is likely to contain asbestos.
• You are required under the new Health and Safety at Work (Asbestos) Regulations 2016 to identify any areas possibly containing asbestos.
• By 4 April 2018, you must have an Asbestos Management Plan in place for any asbestos on site.
Section 26 Duty to identify and remove asbestos before refurbishment of home
• A PCBU who is to carry out refurbishment of a home must ensure—
A) That all asbestos that is likely to be disturbed by the refurbishment is identified; and
B) So far as is reasonably practicable, that the asbestos is removed before the refurbishment is commenced.
This means an Asbestos Survey is required prior to commencing any renovations, maintenance, or demolition.
Pre-demolition Asbestos Surveys
We do pre-demolition asbestos surveys for both residential and commercial properties.
We can arrange all of this for you!
REQUEST A QUOTE OR CALL US ON 022 053 7433
Also check out our Asbestos Testing page